It used to be that when someone asked me, “What’s your least favorite word?” I would say something like, “moist” or “suppos-ably” (!). However, after the last 20-ish days, my new, cringeworthy word is quarantine. I’m sure it’s a new bad word for a lot of you, too.
For me, this moment has been surreal. To watch our entire world be halted by this virus left me with a loss for words (anyone else?). The Type A person in me says, “This is your chance to get ahead and check off your to-do list!” But, wait…I can’t. With most places closed and restrictions on social distancing, I don’t want to place myself in unnecessary circumstances and become the new 2020 version of a “mall-walker” at our local Home Depot or Target.
I won’t bore you with another guide on how to navigate the situation. Let’s be honest: who knows?! Everyone is figuring it out as we go.
So instead, let’s just recap what I’ve been up to these past few weeks:
For me, quarantine has meant:
- Enjoying precious moments with my son.
- Playing with LOTS of chalk.
- Consuming dessert at lunch and dinner.
- Watching Tiger King (with everyone else in the world).
- How can I forget: Giving up wine for Lent! (Which means no “wine-down” for this chick.)
- Playing with baby goats.
- Helping my son with his alphabet and counting skills.
- Checking on the cows.
- Stopping to watch more sunsets.
- Introducing my son to an old horse friend.
I hope this post finds you and your family healthy. And I hope you’re finding ways to make this downtime a little sweeter with the ones you love.